Posts Tagged ‘genuine singles’
Tuesday, June 12th, 2012
Internet scamming is on the rise ever since the number of internet users have increased. This unethical practice has been noticed coming mainly from the eastern part of the African continent with such countries like Nigeria, Ghana and Senegal to name a few. The kind of scamming incident happens mainly on free dating sites as they find online singles as potential targets for extracting money.
But the real problem is that online singles are not usually aware of these kind of traps and this is why they often fall pray to them.
Related Article - Tips for a Safe Online Dating experience
Here are Top FIVE online scamming traps that scammers set for online singles –
1. They ask money from you saying they want to give you their entire property or wealth but, for that you need to send a processing fee.
2. They want to come to your country to meet you but, for that they do not have the money. They ask you to deposit money into their account or send them the airline tickets.
3. They will tell you their sad and the most bizarre life story to gain your sympathy and then ask you for money.
4. New techniques that have come to light is to send fake pictures and impress online singles and to convince them to marry and before that asking for money.
5. Some scammers are very intelligent and they do not ask you on any of these things early in the conversation but, they want your personal phone number and email. They win your trust and when they feel that you your are now completely in to him/her than they reveal their true intentions. This can be common for local scammers where some have been duped of money in this way.
However the online dating industry is not rife with scammers which is a misconception that online singles have. The truth is now more and more singles are logging on to free dating sites because of the vast number of genuine singles they meet and this is going growing with time.
Comment on this article and tell us if you or someone you know that has fallen for this kind of traps and what your opinions are of online scamming.