Jumpdates » Forums » General Discussion; Religion & Spirituality

Believe in God but not in organized religions

Replies: 3 - Pages: [1] - Last reply: 2012-06-27 21:12:29 - By:

(Member)

1970-01-01 00:00:00

WHATS MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOU BELIEVE IN GOD, THAT JESUS DIED AN WAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD.YES THE CHURCH IS LOST PREACHING AN TEACHING DOCTRINES OF MEN,SEEKING THERE OWN GLORY AN WORSHIPING THERES CHURCH LEADERS BEFORE GOD.JESUS SAYS CALL NO MAN UPON THE EARTH YOUR FATHER FOR ONE IS YOUR FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.JESUS IS A HEAD OF THE CHURCH YET THEY GIVE THE AUTHORITY THAT BELONGS TO LORD TO MAN AN WORSHIP MAN BEFORE GOD.

(Member)

Nice thought

(Member)

The only thing I have any real faith in is that God does exist. But as far as the god(s) most organized religions promote, no thank you. The Christian God sounds like a horribly spoiled child with all the dashing of skulls and genocides commanded to be done in his name. Fall down and worship me or I will smite you is NOT the type of higher being I put my faith in. I believe in a heavenly father who is actually more like our earthly fathers. Proud of their children and loving them even when they fall short of the marks set for them. I mean come on, a being that is that much more evolved than we are would hardly give a tinkers damn whether or not puny mortals worshiped him (or her). What we think or do has absolutely NO real significance in the larger scheme of things. There are millions of galaxies out there if not billions. And likely thousands of other planets, circling other suns that support life. And at least a few of those life bearing worlds must have life that has the same self awareness that makes us feel so special. I think there for I am so to speak. All God really wants from his intelligent creations in my opinion, is to glory and appreciate the magnificent gifts he has bestowed upon us all. Life, the beauty of our world around us and the breathtaking wonder of the vast immenseness of the universe. All of creation is null and void, without us the audience to witness it and gasp in wonder.Just as good is null if there is no evil to contrast against it.nor beauty if the is no ugliness to hi light just how beautiful that beauty really is.
What purpose is a play to be performed, if there is no audience to witness it? THAT is our purpose in life, to be God’s audience, to appreciate and to be enriched by all of the wonders he has made and laid before us.

[1]