Jumpdates » Forums » Love & Romance; New Members Welcome

Sooo looks to be a lot of fake profiles on here

Replies: 8 - Pages: [1] - Last reply: 2012-03-22 01:07:20 - By:

(Member)

1970-01-01 00:00:00

It is very discouraging. I ask myself why would a 32 year old boy be interested in a 58 year old woman. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out the answer to that one. However, so far that is all I have attracted on this site. Granted, I didn’t put much into the profile. Just wanted to see if there are any real people on here. On so many of the sites, it sounds as if the same woman writes the profiles for all of the men. They are a woman’s dream-lover. However, if somebody tells you to ”Have a blooming day!”, that’s a pretty big tip-off they aren’t from anywhere around here. Unless that is hip slang I never heard which is entirely possible since I am far from hip. Hippy, yes. lol. Well, have a blooming day! And keep your money in your pocket.

(Member)

oh i see what going on now. i thoght it was me.
really now life is to short for this nonsense!

(Member)

That is why there are fake profiles. Simply put do you really think the pay sites don’t notice a similar card usage? They do. So while you may stop one profile, they do not stop the payment which allows more profiles to be used to scam with. And they can indeed block a certain card. In truth it is money for the paid dating sites. So while they can claim being proactive about it. and the users being minimal about it, and just banning that one profile. Nothing will ever change. A free site is different however. Because of course there is no payment method. With that the option is to not just ban the profile but wildcard the ip address. geo-location and ip tracing can only do so much however. I feel even the free sites should go paid. Simply to be able to block the payment method. They could charge a month. Still very cheap. And everyone can afford a a month. It then would allow tracking of profiles and payment methods. and additional ways to block fakes/scammers etc.

(Member)

Some of these profiles are very convincing, but NEVER send funds, don’t fall for games they try, asking for help with passports or phone cards ect as to be able to connect with you, it is almost a sure sign of a scam.
I talked on the phone for weeks with someone from London, England, and I live in central Minnesota, things sounded rather promising, she sounded very sincere. I asked to meet, and she was all for this, then I arranged tickets for myself, to Heathrow INTL., refundable of coarse, just in case. As soon as she found that I was serious, and planed the trip, the conversations ended…
I am very serious about finding my partner in life and do not care how far I must go to meet, always using caution throughout. BE CAREFULL
Always offer to meet at their location first if you are serious, and you will find 99% will run.

(Member)

Fake profiles are a huge problem no matter which site you join. There are a few pay date sites that do a pretty decent job at eliminating the fakes and scammers but they can’t get rid of them completely. If you’re tired of the fakes and scammers, turn them into the site administrator as soon as you recognize one, I do!! I may be fighting a one person war against these types but I’m hoping more sincere people join in so as to make this site more enjoyable for everyone.

(Member)

This site is no worse or better when it comes to fake profiles. I just caught a 31 year old female trying to pull a fast one and I didn’t pull any punches in letting her know I was on to her. Her profile disappeared real fast before I could notify the site administrator. We can’t stop them all but we can sure put a huge dent in their scams if we just rip into them. I dislike being cruel and rude but they’re asking for it.

(Member)

This is a big site and ofcourse there will be lot of fake ones…. dont loose it yet, there is someone around to find you… do the search patiently, send messages, try even the ones without pictures, probably they are scared as well to be scammed, be positive….

(Member)

New, and not looking like i’ll be here long after seeing so many fake profiles =(. But i figured i’d give it a shot and hopefully get proved wrong. Stop by my profile and if you like what you see/read toss me message. I’m Jovial guy and if we don’t hit it off i’m always interested in more friends ;).

[1]