Jumpdates » Forums » Love & Romance; Dating Experiences

Scamming on dating sites

Replies: 25 - Pages: [1] 2 3 - Last reply: 2014-11-08 09:35:08 - By:

(Member)

1970-01-01 00:00:00

have you checked verified dating site like http://www.matchmate.ca

(Member)

it is very common to see people fro Algeria or Russia approach you and want to hang out and become friend with you , once I changed ny photo to old 70 years old and I noticed a 24 year old girl wants to meet me, I guess age and size really dont matter. this is why I rather to use paid dating sites or sites that verify their users , I recommend http://www.matchmate.ca because users are paypal verified,

(Member)

Scamming on dating sites has really grabbed my attention seeing I have had more contact with them then actual real men that want to date!! But it is true. I have been doing a lot of research on this. It is a huge business. I don’t think everyone is aware of this. It is not just someone sitting at home having fun. They are professionals. (silly thought that has been running through my head…I wonder what their real life is like..wife, kids…)I know some people say they would not fall for this but as said above, there are signs and if you see them, RUN!! don’t try and play with it. I did…
One last thought, I have been asked by scammers, do you have any deep secrets, (bonding thing I guess) or get you to put anything that can be saved to incriminate yourself..Becareful..This can be used to blackmail you later.

(Member)

It all sounds easy but that whole issue can get really tricky. I have not given any money to anyone. I have to admit the first scammer I came across, even though I knew he was… still had me wondering if he was telling the truth. I have been on 3 different sites. This will be my 4th. I have yet to meet someone that was NOT a scammer. The first person I mentioned above still approaches me with different profiles. At one time, 2 different ones on the same site same time and he knows I know. I have learned so much and am grateful for this. Some people have given so much. It’s crazy…

(Member)

Talking to scammers is as interesting as it is entertaining. The only way to really learn what they are on about is to become exposed to them but not to give in to them. Besides, a part time aquaintment with a full time scammer is better than nothing. Ask for them to have a video chat, If they say they have no webcam, dont believe it. Its an old trick. Reverse email lookups are also a big help. The scammer`s greatest fear is that of being revealed for who or what they really are.

(Member)

Yes sadly too say! I almost got scammed!, but read the warning labels on dating sites (jokingly putting it)and became more the wiser. One thing a scammer will do is ask you to go too their home email address!. The false love and lies will begin too flow!. Always stay on the dating sites message system and make sure before you get all lost in love!, that the are really in the city or state they say they are in.

Most of the time they will say they are!, and then surprise a manufactured crisis will happen they need money. If you do give them money!, I have some cheap real estate for sale on Planet X just outside the now debunked planet of pluto!.

Bottom line be determined to only date that hot babe or guy that is in your area only!, or resonable distance of your choosing!. Some final words of wisdom ”Trust but verify!”

(Member)

Pay attention to language. Many of those who commit these crimes are from West Africa and the former Soviet republics. If their command of English is fuzzy, that’s a “big red flag,”. Stick to paid online dating sites. If members shell out money to register, that means credit cards are on file. But don’t assume these sites are free of predators. They just may have fewer of them.

(Member)

Don’t pursue a long-distance relationship with a stranger online. Staying local drastically reduces your odds of being scammed, since most scammers target victims outside their areas to avoid being caught or prosecuted and Never reveal personal data to someone until you meet face-to-face and develop a level of trust. While it’s tempting to share every detail of your life with a person you think you could be in love with, that’s exactly what the scammer is counting on.

(Member)

I think we have all had experiences with Scammers, just remember, Don’t give money, Don’t give someone your account number so they can put money into your account so you have to send them some, you could lose your account that way, and don’t agree to let anyone link you credit card to their account they will take you for all they can get

(Member)

I recently had an issue with someone claiming to be a girl and found out it was a guy scamming me that is what would consider a good example of someone scamming you.

[1] 2 3