Posts Tagged ‘dating’
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
It is possible that as a nation expands in economic power and wealth, singles are expected to produce more and their expectations are more complex than say a tribe in a remote part of Africa. Here the tribe work together to form a union between the community where work is shared and the value of each individual becomes even more apparent. In the Western nations, everyone is held accountable to society but not to the family unit around them. It almost seems that society is vying for a bigger contribution from each individual at the cost of family unity. Each of one us is busy trying to make money and fulfill the long term objectives required by the nation to continue its path towards global expansion and power. But for what? To make a few more people at the top more powerful and hungry for more. If one has sufficient money, the reverse is true. They are now in a position to spend more time with family and ponder over matters that are more in tune with the affairs of the heart.
Related - Divorce rates data
Are singles of today looking for a brighter future with their partner or just to make sure that both can get by in society and have the ability to maintain some kind of life? What is true is that pairing up can be economical in many ways than one. For example, singles sharing the same roof can reduce their rental outgoings as well as the money that goes towards food, gas etc. It seems that pairing up can make economical sense and the other factor of companionship may come later for some depending on your financial situation. If we are to increase the birth rate of the nation as the German ministries are eager to do, then I believe we need to tackle the bigger problem of people welfare and their standing in society. We can bring all the programs to bear for helping couples to have more children but this would be all wasted if the right environment for couples are not created within the society. This would mean having a less stressful life where the nation is not pulling at individuals from all angles and encourages family unity. It also means the spread of wealth should be divided fairly and not unbalanced such as the case of western nations of today.
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013
Dating is an exciting moment in each one’s life. Each person wants to put up his or her best foot forward when on a date. Special care is taken to wear the right outfit, the hairdo, the perfume, the footwear and the accessories too. Dating marks the beginning of a relationship and gives a sense of well-being and security to the singles. No single going on a date would want to ruin that relationship. He or she would strive to build a stronger bond with the date if the chemistry works on the first meeting. Most singles will hide these facts from their date, so be wary of these:
1. Alcoholism - this is one of the biggest problems singles face if they have been alone and lonely for too long. Their dependence on alcohol may have made them alcoholics which they will never share with their date for a fear of losing him or her
2. Drug abuse- even if he or she has been rehabilitated one will never give this secret out. Hiding this fact seems proper to them as they consider this a passing phase of life
3. Relationship with ex- knowing details of relationship with the ex may drive your date away. Don’t mention former lovers to her or she may label you to be a sex maniac
4. Personal Comment- no matter how fat or ugly she looks in that dress, never tell her that unless you want to get rid of her
5. Family secrets-are best kept secrets. Be it a broken home, your parents multiple partners or gay or lesbian streaks
6. OCD- obsessive compulsive disorder is most prevalent amongst people today. Most of them are aware of it but do not want disclose that fact
7. Medical Ailment-is best kept hidden from the date forever which maybe life threatening so one can enjoy the company
Being too honest with your date may not be the best policy and that is the reason why singles hide facts from their date. However, be aware that trust can be lost if you don’t disclose some of this information early on in the relationship.
Saturday, January 26th, 2013
The over enthusiastic waiter at the restaurant can spoil your date if you are not too careful. He/she maybe trying to extend the best service and anticipating your needs as a thorough professional or just to get an extra tip but this may end up spoiling your evening and you are forced to leave with an irritated mind frame.
Here the most common five ways how a waiter can spoil your date:
1. Making you laugh on arrival builds a rapport but constantly intruding into the privacy and trying to make you laugh or to see how everything is going with an eye only on the big tip
2. Insisting on a popular preparation that should be ordered in spite of the guest not showing any interest in the same
3. Fails to replenish the beverages or take order for the next drink before the glass is empty as there is nothing to wash down the food with or not clearing the plates quickly enough
4. Not making proper eye contact which forces the guest to keep making gestures to get the waiters attention thereby paying almost no attention to the date
5. A waiter who makes mistakes and covers up with excuses is the biggest turn off on a date, so be prepared.
Saturday, January 26th, 2013
Get small snippets out of the book that specifically targets areas for improvement. For example, you may be okay in approaching women but you feel tongue-tied in keeping the conversation flowing. Here, your focus should be the kind of topics you can talk about, what stimulates a conversation and how to listen to cues for conversation.
If you are like some men where you find it hard to approach any women, then you probably need to work on boosting your self-confidence. This won’t come easily to you and you may need to practice with friends and get more support as you slowly work towards improving your self-esteem. In time, you will likely look back and see that your ‘fear’ was completely baseless and you may even kick yourself for being that naive.
Another aspect of some self-help books could relate to your dress attire. We have posted a few blog posts on this subject, just do a search on the search bar on the right of this page. The danger in this department, is that you can become too comfortable in the clothes you choose and it may reflect in your personality. Try to present an appearance that shows some style as well as comfort which will make you all that more approachable by the opposite sex.
Saturday, January 26th, 2013
It occurred to me that self-help books are frowned upon by a few people who think its only available to people lacking general skills. Others rely on it to a great extent and often miss out the practical aspects that the book pertains to. It would be wrong to say that self-help books are not useful since anyone reading it can get something useful out of it. The trick is the balance. If you note, that I mentioned in a previous article that ‘Dating is not about Dating’, this sort of sums up how you should view self-help or self-aid books or resources. Use the information that best suits you and don’t delve too deep into the subject, otherwise it becomes an exercise of information only and not something you can take with you and apply.
I often have a saying that the best way of correcting issues is to adopt the simplest approach. This applies to using the self-help tools available and instead of taking this valuable tool to rediscovering your whole areas for improvement, just target one or two specific areas. For example, let’s say you have come across a book that explains to you how to approach more women and get dates. You should read this book in context to what you are doing currently, not to completely change the way you approach the women.